Photographic images and associated thoughts

19 April 2009

Warwick cemetery





This series of shots was taken at the same time as "In the memory of Charles" using my Mamiya pro/Sekor 45mm combination with Ilford FP4. I used perceptol at 1+1 when developing the film to try and minimise grain while maintaining the finer details across a wide range of tones.

I am looking forward to getting into the darkroom to wet print each of these images because lower key tones always seem to print better than my scanner treats the negatives. I am sure that it is not the scanner (Canon 8800f) but a fault with the user ...

It might not be such a good start to a blog for the opening series of images to be quite so funereal. Perhaps the next images will need to be colour and a little lighter in mood ...

No comments:

Post a Comment