Photographic images and associated thoughts

18 April 2009

In the memory of Charles ...


I wasn't sure about the first post to make to this new site.

It may seem a little unusual to find oneself in a cemetery whilst on a long weekend away. I did have a reason to visit Warwick cemetery: My wife's grandmother is buried there ... so off to Warwick I went with my youngest to visit Honey's grave ...

It rained, we had no umbrella and couldn't find the grave in the amount of time we gave ourselves ... perhaps next time ...

I was drawn to the older plots near where we were looking and the very bleak weather made the scene quite compelling. Many of the headstones are tilting precariously or have fallen already. I took this in relatively light drizzle, just before it started raining quite heavily. (Mamiya 645, sekor 45mm, fp4 @ 125 developed in perceptol 1+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment